As well as numerous notable smaller deals, the following are evidence of the ability to advise at the highest level:
- £950 million public to private buy-out of Arcadia Group
- £915 million recommended offer for Littlewoods
- £900 million public to private of Big Food Group
- £1 billion public to private buy-out of Crest Nicholson
- £715 million purchase of the Daily Telegraph
- £700 million public to private of House of Fraser
- £1.1 billion public to private buy-out of McCarthy & Stone
- £350 million prime London real estate joint-venture financing
- £70 million flotation of Safestyle plc
By way of example of added value in relation to strategic advisory, Simon has recently acted as senior advisor (on strategy) to a number of SME businesses – examples include:
- a business which has seen annualised revenues grow from £22 million per annum to £30 million per annum over an 18 month period (with net profit seeing greater growth) – as well as general strategic advice and analysis of sales channels (particularly internet) and customers, the role encompassed a professional transformation of financial reporting (and other management) systems, as well as HR management.
- an over-haul of systems and processes of a successful asset finance businesses.
- structuring, and securing finance for, a property development business.